• ZenTravels-BRTNepal
  • sbgl
  • sahara
  • ace-advertise

Youth electrocuted in Chandragiri, Nepal

Somendra Singh Rathor said that Surendra Maharjan died due to an electric shock from the high-tension power grid in an under-construction building of a local youth club.
picture for representation

KATHMANDU:- A 27-year-old youth was electrocuted at Naikap in Chandragiri Municipality-14 on Friday.

Metropolitan Police Range Kathmandu’s Spokesperson Superintendent of Police (SP) Somendra Singh Rathor said that Surendra Maharjan died due to an electric shock from the high-tension power grid in an under-construction building of a local youth club.

The building was being developed beneath the high voltage power grid. Seriously hurt in the incident, Maharjan died in Kalanki-based Shahid Memorial Hospital.

Meanwhile, the local residents pelted stone on the house of ward chair Ramhari Basnet arguing that he did not initiate to stop the construction of the building despite dissenting opinion of the municipality.

Published Date: Friday, September 4th, 2020 | 06:21 AM

Your Responses