In association with
Logo Logo Logo

Preparation on to issue new constitution within Jan 22: CA chair Nembang


KATHMANDU: Chairman of the Constituent Assembly (CA) Subas Chandra Nembang has said that preparation was going on to promulgate the new constitution within January 22, 2015.

At a programme organised by the Nepal Civil Service Employees´ Organisation here today on the occasion of the Civil Service Day-2071 BS, Nembang said that possibility for issuing the new constitution within the slated time has heightened as the erstwhile Constituent Assembly (CA) has already completed 80 per cent works related to the new constitution and activeness of the Constitutional-Political Dialogue and Consensus Committee (CPDCC) to complete the remaining 20 per cent task.

He said initiatives were underway to forge consensus on the disputed issues within Saturday, September 6, at a time when CA and political parties have already expressed commitment to promulgate the new constitution within a year despite the four-year term of CA.

The CA Chairman said that the CPDCC has been taking initiatives to bring the parties, who are out of CA, to consensus to promulgate the new constitution within the slated time.

He also urged one and all including civil society and intellectuals to exert positive pressure to that end.

Similarly, Minister for General Administration, Lalbabu Pandit, said that they are going to amend the Civil Service Act to take the civil service ahead as a respectable service and added that he was committed towards the demands of trade unions.

Minister Pandit urged the civil servants to be responsible towards their work and responsibilities.

On the occasion, former chief secretary Bhojraj Ghimire, former administrator Gauri bahadur Karki, joint-secretary at the Legislature-Parliament Secretariat Som Bahadur Thapa, police inspector Raj Kumar Silwal, comedian Sitaram Kattel, actress Binita Baral and Koshi Zonal Chairman of Nepal Civil Service Employees´ Organisation Jeevankanta Panta were honoured for their contribution in nation building.

Similarly, children of the civil servants, who secured distinction in the SLC examination after 2068 BS, were also honoured.

Likewise, a blood donation programme was also organised.

For Indian tourists travelling by land:- 72 hours (-ve) C-19 report, CCMC form and Antigen Test at entry point

For Indian tourists travelling by land:- 72 hours (-ve) C-19 report, CCMC form and Antigen Test at entry point

Comment here !
Related News

KATHMANDU:- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, is arriving on an official visit to Nepal on Monday, May 16. He

KATHMANDU:- All preparations for the May 13 local election have been completed, according to the Election Commission. The EC has

KATHMANDU:- The silence period for the local level election commences from midnight today. The country is going to the local

By Narayan Dhungana, KATHMANDU:- People residing temporarily in Kathmandu Valley due to various reasons are returning their home to cast


Headlines
Information for Indian tourists travelling by land:- 72 hours (-) C-19 report, CCMC form and Antigen Test at entry point
Information for Indian tourists travelling by land:- 72 hours (-) C-19 report, CCMC form and Antigen Test at entry point
Information for Indian tourists travelling by land:- 72 hours (-) C-19 report, CCMC form and Antigen Test at entry point