The 26-year-old Spaniard, who crashed out of Wimbledon in the second round in June, said he needed more time to recover from an injury that kept him from defending his Olympic title at the London Games.
“Coming to Toronto is always one of the highlights of my season so I’m very disappointed that I can’t play there this year,” the 11-times grand slam champion said in a statement.
“I was planning on coming to Toronto and did everything I could to be ready but I still need some more time to recover.”
Despite winning a record seventh French Open title this year, Nadal has fallen to three in the world rankings and the state of his knees is sure to become a topic of debate leading into the August 27-September 9 U.S. Open, the year’s final grand slam.
Additional main draw withdrawals for the August 4-12 Toronto Masters as of Thursday are David Ferrer (Spain), Gael Monfils (France) and Fernando Verdasco (Spain).
Comment here !
KATHMANDU:- The government has decided to form a high-level salary and facilities commission for reviewing the minimum salary, allowances, remuneration
KATHMANDU:- The Supreme Court (SC) on Tuesday gave its verdict on the dispute over civil servants’ adjustment. With the verdict,
KATHMANDU:- Nepali Congress leader and thinker Pradip Giri, who had been undergoing treatment for cancer at Mediciti Hospital, Lalitpur, passed
KATHMANDU:- A total of 84 political parties, including old and new ones have submitted their applications for party registration for