JHAPA: The fire that erupted in the Hanuman Central in Birtamode, Jhapa at 7.00 this morning has incurred loss worth Rs 20 million, police said.
According to Chief District Officer, Janak Raj Dhahal, the six-storey building caught a flame due to short circuit in an air-conditioner machine of a shoe shop in the building.
Firefighters from Birtamode, Bhadrapur and Mechi along with the security personnel of Nepal Army, Nepal Police and Armed Police Force had taken the fire under control this evening.
No human casualties were reported in the incident, informed Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) at the District Police Office, Jhapa, Mahendra Kumar Shrestha.
DSP Shrestha shared that the fire caused damages to the goods in the shoe shop. Other shops and banks in the buildings have remained unscathed in the incident.
Comment here !
KATHMANDU: Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has called the Nepali people living in various countries across the globe to invest
– Kalika Khadka, KATHMANDU: Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has said that the primary duty of the government is to
KATHMANDU: Famous spiritual singer and conservationist Ani Choying Dolma has been appointed goodwill ambassador for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
KATHMANDU: Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has said that the government did not allow 2077 to be a wasteful year