(Fireworks light the sky during the official ceremony opening the “Rams Road” outside the pylon and remaining obelisk at the entrance of the Temple of Luxor (built around 1400 BC) in Egypt’s southern city of the same name on November 25, 2021. The Luxor temple obelisk’s twin is currently at Paris’ Place de la Concorde. – Egypt on November 25 unveiled in a grandiose night-time ceremony the “Rams Road” (Tareeq al-Kebbash in Arabic), a 2700-metre-long sandstone-paved path lined with ram-headed statues and sphinxes dating over 3000-years-old connecting the Luxor Temple with the Karnak Temple. Named “The Path of God” in Ancient Egyptian mythology, its ram statues — an embodiment of the ancient Egyptian deity Amun — were buried for centuries under the sand before being revived and restored for display in recent years. Photo: Khaled DESOUKI-AFP)
Comment here !